Bondfire Tavern Singapore Review: A Medieval-Themed Board Game Café Worth Visiting?

Every once in a while, I come across a place that's a little different from the usual cafés and restaurants around Singapore.

Recently, I visited Bondfire Tavern, and I left feeling like it was more than just another place to grab dinner. It was one of those evenings where the food, conversations and games all came together to make the experience memorable.

The medieval fantasy theme definitely caught my attention at first, but what made me want to share about it wasn't the décor—it was how much I genuinely enjoyed the food.

The Food Was Better Than I Expected

One thing that stood out to me was that there wasn't just one "good" dish. Almost everything my group of friends and I ordered was enjoyable, which honestly isn't something I say very often.

My favourite of the night was definitely the Duck Confit (Deepwood Supper).

It's not the cheapest item on the menu, but after finishing it, I felt it was worth ordering. The duck was tender, the skin had a nice crispness, and it was one of those dishes I'd happily go back for.

Another favourite was The Ryujin (Mentaiko Prawn Pizza).

The crust was nicely crisp, the prawns were generous, and the mentaiko wasn't overly rich. It's the kind of pizza that's easy to keep reaching for without realising you've already had several slices.

If you enjoy seafood, I'd also recommend trying The Siren's Pot (White Clam Marinières). The broth was light and flavourful without overpowering the clams, making it a comforting dish to share.

Having said that, some of my friends actually loved the Iberico Pork (Embercourt) even more than the Duck Confit.

The Drinks Were a Pleasant Surprise

The drink names immediately caught my attention.

We ordered Eldritch Invocation and Helixer, and honestly, my first sip left me wondering what exactly was inside them. The menu eventually answered that question, but I quite liked the little mystery behind the fantasy-inspired names.

More importantly, they weren't drinks that relied only on presentation. They were genuinely enjoyable and thoughtfully balanced.

Dinner Was Only Half the Experience

After we finished eating, the night didn't end there.

We started with a game of Jumanji, a cooperative adventure board game where everyone works together instead of competing against one another. The goal is to complete dangerous challenges, overcome unexpected events and make it safely to the centre of the jungle before either your lives or precious time run out. After reading through the rulebook, we honestly thought, "There's no way we're going to win this." It seemed surprisingly complex at first, with so many things that could go wrong along the way. But as we got the hang of it and started planning our moves together, things slowly fell into place. Against our own expectations, our fellowship actually managed to complete the adventure and win before our turns ran out. It made the victory feel even more satisfying because we genuinely thought the odds were against us at the beginning.

Then we spotted UNO Stacko and immediately grabbed it without a second thought. The nostalgia hit almost instantly. It brought us right back to those childhood days when a simple stacking game could have everyone laughing, shouting and giving each other mini heart attacks.

If you've never played UNO Stacko, imagine a giant tower made of colourful blocks. Each block has a colour or action, and depending on the card drawn, you have to carefully pull out the matching block and place it back on top of the tower. Sounds easy... until the tower starts wobbling.

As the game went on, every turn became more intense than the last. We'd all hold our breath as someone slowly eased a block out, praying the tower wouldn't collapse on their turn. Every tiny shake had the whole table gasping, followed by bursts of laughter whenever someone thought they'd caused the entire tower to fall. It's such a simple game, but somehow it still manages to bring out everyone's competitive side while creating plenty of hilarious moments.

I don't know why pulling out tiny blocks becomes so stressful, but every turn had us laughing while secretly hoping we wouldn't be the one to bring the whole tower down.

It's been quite a while since I've had a dinner that naturally transitioned into hours of games without anyone looking at the time.

Plenty of Games for Different Groups

Although many people associate Bondfire Tavern with Dungeons & Dragons, that's only a small part of what they offer.

I noticed shelves filled with games for different types of players and group sizes.

Some of the titles I spotted included:

  • UNO
  • Flip 7
  • Monopoly Deal
  • Here to Slay
  • Dixit
  • Catventure
  • Happy Little Dinosaurs
  • Happy Family
  • Singapore MRT Game

Whether you're someone who enjoys strategic games or simply wants something easy to pick up with friends, there's probably something you'll enjoy.

Who Would Enjoy Bondfire Tavern?

I think this place is especially nice if you're looking for something beyond a regular dinner.

Instead of finishing your meal and heading somewhere else, you naturally end up staying because everyone wants "just one more game."

It's great for catching up with friends, birthdays, casual date nights or even team gatherings where people can relax and interact naturally.

Even if you're not someone who's deeply into board games, I think you'll still appreciate the atmosphere and the food's quality.

My Overall Thoughts

What I liked most wasn't any single dish or game.

It was how the entire evening felt.

Good food, interesting drinks, plenty of laughter and a chance to put our phones away for a while.

Sometimes that's all you really need.


(They even provide a selection of props, so diners cn grab a few and snap some fun photos.)

Quick Answers

What is Bondfire Tavern?

Bondfire Tavern is a fantasy-themed restaurant and board game tavern in Singapore where you can enjoy a meal while choosing from a large collection of board games.

Is the food at Bondfire Tavern worth trying?

From my experience, yes. The food was consistently good across the dishes we ordered, with the Duck Confit being my personal favourite.

Is Bondfire Tavern only for board gamers?

Not at all. I think many people would enjoy it simply as a place to have dinner with friends. The board games just make the experience even more memorable.

Which MRT station is nearest?

Outram Park MRT is the nearest station, making it fairly convenient to get there by public transport.

My Verdict

Singapore has plenty of cafés and restaurants, but it's always nice finding somewhere that gives you a reason to stay longer instead of rushing off after your meal.

For me, Bondfire Tavern wasn't just about the food or the games—it was about spending a genuinely enjoyable evening with friends and loved ones. 

Overall Experience & Review for BondFire Tavern: 

TASTE  


ATMOSPHERE 


SERVICE 


LOCATION

📍BondFire Tavern
79 Kampong Bahru Rd,
#01-01, Singapore 169377

Follow them on Instagram

PRICES
Last but not least, I really love the effort they put into their Food Menu (Medieval's style).


One thing I appreciated is how they look out for the working crowd nearby. Their weekday lunch set is just $15++ (11.30am–3.30pm), complete with a drink, coffee or tea. They also offer 15% off for nearby office workers (Mon–Fri, 11am–5pm).

If you don't work nearby or visiting for dinner... Fret not! Use my promo code FOODWANDERERS to enjoy 15% off your bill (non-alcohol items only). I'd recommend reserving a table beforehand and letting them know you'll be using the code. A little extra savings always makes the meal even better!

_________________________________________________________

♥ Thanks for reading!

Join my Telegram for more food, travel & lifestyle finds

Learn branding, marketing & content in bite-sized points at IreneKreations 

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form